mahout-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Owen" <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: More thoughts on Java
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 16:37:25 GMT
Cool, I will not touch anything that was mentioned in this thread.

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> I disagree.  I am more than likely the guilty party here and I'll own up to
> it and even take credit for it.  I don't know about you, but at 2 in the
> morning after staring at the same code for hours trying to find that stupid

I definitely agree about == false, even though I typically still use
the bang syntax myself.

The compiler can't change uses of a one-character String to a
character since it might change the semantics of the program -- would
at least change the bytecode. I think javac can do virtually nothing
interesting.