mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: local object storage
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2008 22:47:20 GMT
It should not be too hard. I was looking at ByteBuffer and FileChannels
today but didn't figure out how to write it so it will automatically
grow with more file segments as they are required.

Anyone that can fix something like that in a few minutes?

The tree is abstract for persistency. Implementations use a combination
of visitors and factories and it is quite simple to add support for
anything else. Derby?

I often say that BDB is the perfect balance between OODBMS and RDBMS.
All entities are serialized with all aggregated data and associated with
a primary key in a hashtable on disk. Thats it.

We could implement our own transactionless variant that use Writable for
serialization. Is it possible to seek on DFS?

       karl