mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 23:25:07 GMT
Sean Owen skrev:
> (What can I do to prepare? I think my stuff is laid out very very
> standardly and I have a Maven pom.xml even, which I can bring forward.
> I always thought Maven was a small pain to maintain, but, that's
> because I wasn't using it myself and getting value.)

Nothing at all. I just want to:

svn co http://svn.../trunk trunk
cd trunk
mkdir core
svn mv * core
svn commit

I.e. create a module call core and mode all the code there.

Future modules would then be placed in trunk root just as core, not as
some sub directory of the core.

I just want to support Maveners like my self the use it to set up the
development environment. It is very handy when if you like me create a
new copy of the trunk for each patch you work on.

Official build, test, et c would still be Ant. Some root build.xml would
have to be produced the day a second module is added.

     karl