mahout-dev mailing list archives

From "Hao Zheng" <volezh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: application of GSoC
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 09:08:18 GMT
I understand. Actually, I mean the other thing. Maybe "feature
selection" is not precise, let me restate my question.

Generally, no matter for image recognition or text classification, we
have to ture the original material into a featrue vector. This step is
 called "feature extration" or sth like that. My question is will this
step be part of the mahout project? If yes, we have to care about the
transformation step; if not, all we need to process are the numbers,
which will make thing easier.