mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Isabel Drost <apache_mah...@isabel-drost.de>
Subject Re: 答复: application of GSoC
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2008 19:32:00 GMT
On Friday 21 March 2008, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> I also, agree, though, that we don't want to be in that biz. too much, at
> least not yet.  As we grow and attract more people/contributions, it may
> just happen.

I think nevertheless it would be nice to have the models stored in a format
that does not only store the parameters of the algorithms used for training
but also the steps taken for data preprocessing: In many real world settings
I have seen that data preprocessing largely affects the e.g. classification
quality that can be achieved. This also relates to the Mahout-18 JIRA issue.

Isabel

--
If you're going to do something tonight that you'll be sorry for tomorrow
morning, sleep late.		-- Henny Youngman
'---''(_/--'  `-'\_) (fL)  IM:  <xmpp://MaineC.@spaceboyz.net>