mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Matrix/Vector Needs and Collections
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 13:00:37 GMT

On Feb 7, 2008, at 8:51 PM, edward yoon wrote:

> Isn't it duplicate content with my works?

I don't think it's duplicate in that we're just laying out what our
needs are.  It may very well be that the Hadoop matrix work is exactly
what we need, although I don't know that I personally will want the
Groovy aspect of it, but others may.  Is there a Java API to it (I
haven't looked that closely at it yet)?

So, I don't think you need to close down your Hadoop stuff.  It makes
total sense what you are doing and offering to Hadoop.  I would
imagine, that whatever we come up with as general needs for ML in the
Matrix/Vector area we would want to push what we can down to Hadoop,
if it makes sense and Hadoop wants it.

-Grant