mahout-dev mailing list archives

From "Lukas Vlcek" <lukas.vl...@gmail.com>
Subject Mahout logo proposal
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2008 21:58:00 GMT
Hi,

This is my proposal for Mahout logo. Right now it is rough draft. In the end
it should be in SVG with more precise trace both in elephant body and the
type:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lukas.vlcek/Mahout/photo#5162499989176353282

My intention was to create something light and not too technical. The key
message behind this picture should be something like: "Mastering elephant is
fun and joy!".

Since both Nutch and Hadoop have great comic style logos I decided to stick
to the style. Aside the style and form I am not sure about one thing -
number of colors it should contain because at some time in the future we can
(possibly) expect the logo to be printed on mugs, shirts and other kind of
stuff. So I tried to keep the number of colors low.

Any comments appreciated.

Regards,
Lukas

--