mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Karl's Lucene donations
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:30:10 GMT

12 feb 2008 kl. 15.15 skrev Grant Ingersoll:

> Hey Karl,
>
> Does it make sense to try to bring some of your Lucene donations of
> ML things over to Mahout

Perhaps.

626 could do with a bit of M/R at training, but I'm not sure it fits
this project. Also, it is quite unscientific. But I would rather see
it replace the current Lucene spellcheck, as it can do that.

> At any rate, I may look at using 1039 as a seed for the Bayesian
> classifier.

This might be the best way to use the code. But make sure you read the
comments in the Jira! I've sent them a mail a few months ago, but
never heard anything.

My first real ML contribtion to Mahout will probably similar to 1025,
heirarcial clusterer.

    karl