madlib-user mailing list archives

From Frank McQuillan <fmcquil...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Apache MADlib (incubating) candidate roadmap 2016
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 20:47:37 GMT
Thanks Roman for your on-going support and comment.

I would suggest shorter, regular releases that are approximately date
driven.  That is what I would propose with Apache MADlib from now on.

The reason I say "approximately data driven" is that it is hard to say we
will release on quarterly boundaries if there is something in flight that
is nearly done, or some scale testing that has not completed yet, etc.  On
that last example, we run scale tests internally at Pivotal on a DCA for
Apache HAWQ and Greenplum, and it takes 2 weeks for the tests to run if
there are no infrastructure issues.  If there are, we incur delays.

If the community agrees, let's aim for the following in 2016:

* MADlib 1.9.1 end June
* MADiib 1.9.2 end Sept
* MADlib 2.0 end Dec

And it would be great to see some features from each of our main themes in
each release: pred models/graph/utilities/usability/performance/platform.

Frank