lucy-user mailing list archives

From "serkanmulayim@gmail.com"<serkanmula...@gmail.com>
Subject [lucy-user] C library - Phrase Searches
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2017 17:55:46 GMT
Hi guys again :)

I have a question regarding the phrase searches and their scoring. As I see when we search
for a phrase in quotation marks, e.g. "the united states", only messages that contain "the
united states" are being returned. (to be more exact messages containing "the unite state"
would have returned as well).

My question is how is such queries being handled in the library. Is it by looking at the consecutive
term positions in documents? What is the performance impact for such queries?

Secondly how are they being scored? Is it still tf/idf? If so what is the definition of tf
and of idf, for these queries?

Thanks as always,
Serkan