lucy-user mailing list archives

From Nick Wellnhofer <wellnho...@aevum.de>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] C library - Scoring mechanism
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2017 13:28:19 GMT
On 21/11/2017 18:42, serkanmulayim@gmail.com wrote:
> 1- Are the tf/idf scores consistent accross the all segments in a non-optimized index?
Or is it being calculated separately for each segment (tf would not change but idf might be
different)?

tf/idf is computed for the whole index.

> 2- (same question but for multiple indexes and polysearcher) If I use polysearcher with
2 or more indexes, will the tf/idf scores be consistent? Or would they be calculated separately
for each index?

I don't know off top of my head. It's possible that indexes are searched
separately and the results are simply merged by normalized score. I'd have to
look at the code to answer the question, but maybe Marvin can chime in.

Nick