lucy-user mailing list archives

From "serkanmulayim@gmail.com"<serkanmula...@gmail.com>
Subject [lucy-user] C library RAMFolder
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2017 20:49:21 GMT
Hi guys,

In my project I might need to have the index in memory. But I have some doubts about it considering
that it might not be tested well. Would it be possible for you guys to address the following
questions?

1- Is it stable :)?
2- Is there a limit (smaller than the file index) in the number of indexed documents.
3- Is the index always optimized considering that it is in memory.
4- How do the indexing and searching performances compared to the in disk implementation.
5- Is it possible to merge an index on disk to an index in memory?
6- Are there any concerns in using the in memory index?

Thanks,
Serkan