lucy-user mailing list archives

From Arjan Widlak - United Knowledge <ar...@unitedknowledge.nl>
Subject [lucy-user] trailing double quote
Date Sat, 20 May 2017 09:48:31 GMT
Dear all,

It seems that if a double quote is the last character of a query,
followed by nothing or nothing other than space characters, an error is
thrown:

    StrIter_crop: top is behind tail
    cfish_StrIter_crop at cfcore/Clownfish/String.c line 704

As can be seen in code like this:

    my $query_parser = Lucy::Search::QueryParser->new(
         schema             => $env->get_schema,
         fields                 => [ 'normalized' ],
    );

    my $user_query = 'aap noot mies" ';
         $user_query  = $query_parser->parse(
         $user_query
    );

The single occurence of a double quote anywhere else in a string is no
problem, nor is the single occurence of a single quote anywhere in the
string. Also if it's at the end.

Is this a bug in Apache::Lucy? (Lucy-v0.6.1 latest version on cpan)

Kind regards,
Arjan.