lucy-user mailing list archives

From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] iterating through hits, is there a way to improve performance, or can we run these iterations in parallel
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2017 12:52:46 GMT
rohit0908 wrote on 4/14/17 7:33 AM:
> Thanks Marvin for your reply and taking a quick look on this. I will try your
> second option of caching and using bitcollector. Meanwhile could you please
> help me on below one,
>
>>> If you don't need any fields other than `title` and you are currently have
>>> other fields which are `stored`, then you could try changing the FieldType
> for
>>> those other fields so that they are no longer `stored`.  That will reduce
> the
>>> the cost of deserializaing a document.
>
> I am running query on title only, and i require almost 4 fields only to
> serve my purpose, title, content, url, urlpath. so, is there a way we can
> fetch only these fields and it reduces the deserializaing cost or you mean
> to say not to store the fields if those are not necessary. Please let me
> know how to do it, thanks!!

"Storing" a field means you can retrieve the original value from the index
directly. You can index a field value without storing it, so that you can search
on the field but not retrieve the original (un-analyzed) value.

See https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/Lucy/lib/Lucy/Plan/FieldType.pod for
the flags available when defining a field.

To give you more concrete advice, we'd need to see your indexing code,
especially how you define your Schema.

--
Peter Karman  .  https://karpet.github.io  .  https://keybase.io/peterkarman