lucy-user mailing list archives

From rohit0908 <rohit.singh0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] iterating through hits, is there a way to improve performance, or can we run these iterations in parallel
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2017 12:33:50 GMT
Thanks Marvin for your reply and taking a quick look on this. I will try your
second option of caching and using bitcollector. Meanwhile could you please
help me on below one,

>>If you don't need any fields other than `title` and you are currently have
>>other fields which are `stored`, then you could try changing the FieldType
for
>>those other fields so that they are no longer `stored`.  That will reduce
the
>>the cost of deserializaing a document.

I am running query on title only, and i require almost 4 fields only to
serve my purpose, title, content, url, urlpath. so, is there a way we can
fetch only these fields and it reduces the deserializaing cost or you mean
to say not to store the fields if those are not necessary. Please let me
know how to do it, thanks!!

-----
Regards
Rohit Singh