lucy-user mailing list archives

From "Serkan Mulayim"<serkanmula...@gmail.com>
Subject [lucy-user] About error handling in Lucy C library
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 20:53:37 GMT
Hi guys,

According to the documentation, I see there is an exception/error handling mechanism built
in the C library. For example in https://lucy.apache.org/docs/c/Lucy/Index/Indexer.html, "If
a write lock cannot be secured, new() will throw an exception". Or in the Indexer.c the code
line "THROW(ERR, "No Schema supplied, and can't find one in the index");"

Is there any documentation on how we can use these exceptions for building safer applications?
Is there a documentation for all "classes"  which throws exceptions with the corresponding
functions? Is there any code examples on how they are used?

Is there any documentation on the functions which return a status (e.g 0 for success -1 for
lock error etc...) of the method as well?

Thanks in advance,
Serkan