lucy-user mailing list archives

From Nick Wellnhofer <wellnho...@aevum.de>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Lucy Benchmarking
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2017 22:26:07 GMT
On 02/02/2017 21:44, Kasi Lakshman Karthi Anbumony wrote:
> Can I know how to build lucy and lucy-clownfish for ARM (AARCH64)?
>
> I do have the ARM cross-compiler tool chain and would like to know which
> files to change?

Cross compiling Lucy isn't supported yet. I haven't tried to build Lucy on ARM
myself, but we have successful test reports from CPAN Testers with Raspberry
Pis. So, if you're feeling adventurous:

1. Build the Clownfish compiler normally for the host platform.
2. Configure the Clownfish runtime using the host compiler.
3. Edit the generated Makefile.
    - Replace CC with the cross compiler.
    - Check CFLAGS etc.
4. Edit the generated charmony.h file to match the target
    platform.
    - CHY_SIZEOF macros
    - Endian macro
    - Possibly other stuff
5. (Maybe) Run `make autogen/hierarchy.json` first and edit the
    generated file autogen/include/cfish_platform.h to match the
    target platform.
6. Run `make`. If you run into errors, adjust charmony.h or the
    Makefile.
7. Make sure to make backups of Makefile, charmony.h, and
    cfish_platform.h. These files might be recreated and you'll
    lose your changes.
8. Repeat steps 2-7 for Lucy.

Nick