lucy-user mailing list archives

From Kasi Lakshman Karthi Anbumony <kasi.anbum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Lucy Benchmarking
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2017 00:46:09 GMT
Dear Experts:

I am trying to measure the indexing and searching performance using a toy
benchmark and have few questions.

(1) Plan is to report the below metrics:

   - Index creation: tokens/second
      -  Can I know how to obtain the tokens in the lucy_index created? Do
      you think a better metric will be  (Number of terms in the posting
      list/second)? If so, how to obtain the number of terms in the
posting list?
   - Search: free-text query/second
   - Search metric is clean and clear since the toy benchmark controls the
      number of queries.

(2) What are the different query types possible?

   - vary document weighting
      - Is it possible or is it fixed for a given lucy_index generated?
   - vary number of terms
   - vary relationship of terms (e.g., proximity)
      - How to do it? Is there an operator like NEAR?
   - vary operations (e.g., AND, OR)
      - I see that the support is available for boolean query parser. Can I
      know whether for a given search instance I can have multiple boolean
      queries like below?

 if (category) {

        String *category_name = Str_newf("category");

        String *category_str  = Str_newf("%s", category);

        TermQuery *category_query

            = TermQuery_new(category_name, (Obj*)category_str);

        Vector *children = Vec_new(2);

        Vec_Push(children, (Obj*)query1);

        Vec_Push(children, (Obj*)category_query);

         query1 = (Query*)ANDQuery_new(children);

        Vector *children = Vec_new(2);

        Vec_Push(children, (Obj*)query2);

        Vec_Push(children, (Obj*)category_query);

        query2 = (Query*)ANDQuery_new(children);

        DECREF(children);

        DECREF(category_str);

        DECREF(category_name);

    }