lucy-user mailing list archives

From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Lucy Benchmarking
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2017 03:00:51 GMT
Kasi Lakshman Karthi Anbumony wrote on 2/9/17 5:51 PM:
> Thanks for the explanation.
>
> As a follow on question, based on this link:
> https://lucy.apache.org/docs/c/Lucy/Docs/FileFormat.html
>
> (1) Why the cf.dat has a document section?
>
> (2) Why is it not compressed?
>
> I see most of the content of the books I have indexed being part of cf.dat
> file and can read the text as it is! Is this how the inverted indexing
> works?

Do you have the "stored" flag or "highlightable" flag set to true for your
Plan::FullTextType schema definitions?

IIRC that's why doc text is stored, which seems to be confirmed in that URL you
reference.

As far as why it is not compressed, I'm not sure. I expect that decompression
incurs a performance hit.

--
Peter Karman  .  https://peknet.com/  .  https://keybase.io/peterkarman