lucy-user mailing list archives

From "Gupta, Rajiv" <Rajiv.Gu...@netapp.com>
Subject RE: [lucy-user] LUCY_Folder_Open_Out_IMP at core/Lucy/Store/Folder.c line 119
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2016 16:20:46 GMT
I just now did that.

For my doc regular update, search and delete I'm using LightMergemanager with my host name.
For adding end file marker I'm using regular manager with my host name added to conclude.
I have also put retries around almost all commits where I was getting errors. Small runs were
fine (there were any way fine) I have 5 large runs.

I will update the results here.

Thanks,
Rajiv Gupta

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Wellnhofer [mailto:wellnhofer@aevum.de]
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2016 9:38 PM
To: user@lucy.apache.org
Subject: Re: [lucy-user] LUCY_Folder_Open_Out_IMP at core/Lucy/Store/Folder.c line 119

On 07/12/2016 13:23, Gupta, Rajiv wrote:
> * Indexer and log files are on NFS mount.

Have you read and understood Lucy::Docs::FileLocking? With NFS, you have to pass an IndexManager
object to every indexer and searcher.

     http://lucy.apache.org/docs/perl/Lucy/Docs/FileLocking.html

The fact that the index is on NFS probably also explains the performance problems you reported
earlier.

Nick