lucy-user mailing list archives

From Nick Wellnhofer <wellnho...@aevum.de>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Compiling Lucy
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2015 21:04:49 GMT
On 01/02/2015 19:36, Jon McLachlan wrote:
>    My friends and I are trying to compile Lucy to try out a few ideas, but keep running
into a snag.  We’re interested in the “loose c” implementation, lucy, so, under the
c directory, we first,

> ./configure --clownfish-prefix=~/clownfish-install
>
>    And then,
>
> $ make
> ~/clownfish-install/bin/cfc --source=../core --include=~/clownfish-install/share/clownfish/include
--dest=autogen --header=cfc_header
> Parcel 'Clownfish' required by 'Lucy' not found
> make: *** [autogen/hierarchy.json] Error 1
>
>    As you can see, it’s a Clownfish parcel issues of some kind, and I'm not sure how
to help it find what it’s missing.  Just for full disclosure, I have origin/master of both
Lucy (https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/lucy.git <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/lucy.git>)
and Clownfish (https://github.com/apache/lucy-clownfish.git <https://github.com/apache/lucy-clownfish.git>),
and as far as I can tell, with a successful perl and c build and install if Clownfish at,
~/clownfish-install.

>    Any insight would be most appreciated.

I also ran into this issue a couple of times. The reason is that tilde
expansion isn't working. Try

     ./configure --clownfish-prefix=$HOME/clownfish-install

Nick