lucy-user mailing list archives

From Gerald Richter <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Running query string thru Analyzer?
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 05:20:03 GMT
Thanks for all the feedback and sorry for sending the question two times by mistake.

The

$analyzer->split('Foo');

method was what I was searching for. I have to construct my query from serveral sources, so
I cannot use QueryParser, but I added

        my $normalizer   = Lucy::Analysis::Normalizer->new (strip_accents =>
1, case_fold => 1) ;
        my $tokens       = $normalizer->split($term);

and use $tokens to feed into TermQuery and it works perfectly.

I have overseen the split method in the cookbook custom query parser. It would be great to
add it to the documentation of Lucy::Analysis::Analyzer which was the first place I was looking
for such a method.

Maybe there are more helpful methods which are not mentioned in the docs and are worth being
added...

I am used to look at the source code to get the documenation, but I not (yet) understand Clownfish
and how it works.

Thanks & Regards

Gerald