lucy-user mailing list archives

From rich...@ecos.de
Subject [lucy-user] Running query string thru Analyzer?
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 19:41:52 GMT
Hi,

I have defined a field in the following way:

    my $tokenizer    = Lucy::Analysis::StandardTokenizer->new;
    my $normalizer   = Lucy::Analysis::Normalizer->new (strip_accents => 1, case_fold
=> 1) ;
    my $field_analyzer = Lucy::Analysis::PolyAnalyzer->new
                            (
                            analyzers => [ $tokenizer, $normalizer ],
                            );
    my $field_type  = Lucy::Plan::FullTextType->new (analyzer => $field_analyzer) ;
    $schema->spec_field( name => 'option_ndx',  type => $field_type );

When I now run a query (either with a TermQuery or a WildcardQuery), and the indexed document
was "Foo baß", it works as long as I query for "foo", but not when I query for "Foo" or "baß".
So I guess I have to run the query string thru the same analyzer as the indexer does.

The question is how can I do this or is Lucy able to do this for me?

Thanks & Regards

Gerald

P.S. I am using Lucy 0.42