lucy-user mailing list archives

From Nick Wellnhofer <wellnho...@aevum.de>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Running query string thru Analyzer?
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 16:11:50 GMT
On 27/01/2015 06:20, Gerald Richter wrote:
> I have overseen the split method in the cookbook custom query parser. It would be great
to add it to the documentation of Lucy::Analysis::Analyzer which was the first place I was
looking for such a method.

I added the "split" method to Analyzer's documentation for the next major release.

> Maybe there are more helpful methods which are not mentioned in the docs and are worth
being added...

Yes, there certainly are. Lucy has taken a rather conservative approach with
regards to its public API.

> I am used to look at the source code to get the documenation, but I not (yet) understand
Clownfish and how it works.

For documentation purposes, you can simply have a look at the .cfh (Clownfish
header) files in the "core" directory:

https://github.com/apache/lucy/tree/master/core
https://github.com/apache/lucy/blob/master/core/Lucy/Analysis/Analyzer.cfh

But as always, use undocumentated methods at your own risk.

Nick