lucy-user mailing list archives

From Nick Wellnhofer <wellnho...@aevum.de>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] 32 bit CentOS Indexing Question
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2014 00:33:14 GMT
On Jan 31, 2014, at 23:18 , Nick D. <ndwyer@globaldataguard.com> wrote:

> Does the Lucy::Index::SortWriter::set_default_mem_thresh($bytes); function
> exist in the latest public 0.3.3 version of lucy?

Yes, but it’s ineffective due to a bug which the sortfieldwriter branch should fix.

> Is there a function like this for SegWriter (I'm assuming this is used for
> writing segments that are not sortable)? if so what is the default?

Yes, there’s

    Lucy::Index::PostingListWriter::set_default_mem_thresh($bytes);

with a default of 16MB. This affects segment merging for indexed fields.

(A segment contains data for all the fields of your schema. PostingListWriter creates the
posting lists for indexed fields. SortWriter creates the sort cache for sortable fields. Both
posting lists and sort caches are contained in a segment.)

> Are there any downsides to increasing this threshold to say 40MB?

No, if you have enough memory, you can probably use a much higher value. Maybe Marvin can
give some additional details.

Nick