lucy-user mailing list archives

From "Nick D." <ndw...@globaldataguard.com>
Subject [lucy-user] Case Sensitive Index with options to do Case In-Sensitive search
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 21:59:59 GMT
Hi all,

I see that by not including the CaseFolder in my PolyAnalyzer at index time,
I can do case sensitive searches. Is there a way to do a case insensitive
search on an index that was stored case sensitive?

Example:

Store this: "This is an Example of what a case Sensitive line would be"

Search for this: "Example"
Also search for this: "example"

And return the line stored for both searches.

I have a need to have the option to do case insensitive and case sensitive
searches at search time and having 2 indexes (1 for each case) is not really
an option due to the amount of live data (data constantly coming off the
wire) being indexed at once.