lucy-user mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Indexing Lucy::Plan::Int32Type
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2013 01:48:38 GMT
On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 3:12 AM, Thomas den Braber <thomas@delos.nl> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I am using Lucy for some time now and it works great.

:)

> Do you have any plans to implement searching/ranges for the Int32Type ?

Yes, that is the intent.

Int32Type is already `sortable`, and since RangeQuery needs sortable field
types, ranges should work now.

The principle reason that Int32Type is not yet public is that such fields
cannot yet be `indexed`.  To complete this feature, we need to perform some
more refactoring of the inner indexing classes, including the Lexicon classes
and PostingPool.  (`S_write_terms_and_postings` in particular makes
assumptions that all terms have a text type.)  There are a few secondary
issues as well, such as how QueryParser should handle numeric fields (it
probably won't).

A lot of times people have been able to simulate numeric fields by hacking in
leading zeroes.  Perhaps either that helps you, or perhaps the tidbit that
RangeQuery should already work with Int32Type helps?

Marvin Humphrey