lucy-user mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] GO (aka golang) Client Bindings for Lucy
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 02:34:10 GMT
On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Philip Southam <philip@zefr.com> wrote:
> At the risk of embarrassing myself, I've put a small client library with
> just a subset of the functionality I was originally after on github.
>
>         https://github.com/philipsoutham/golucy

Cool!

First pull request sent.

I got the sample to build but I'm getting a strange error where it seems that
libcfish may have been loaded twice.  (Gory details: there appear to be two
CHARBUF VTables, as there's a CharBuf whose vtable member claims to have the
class name "Clownfish::CharBuf" but isn't at the same pointer value as
CHARBUF, so `Obj_Is_A(charbuf, CHARBUF)` fails.) I'm out of time for
troubleshooting today but I'll look again tomorrow.

> I'm new to Go, so I'm still not sure what is "go-thonic" way of doing
> things is yet. I would love for it to be as complete as the perl
> bindings one day, but I'm struggling with tracking down where the magic
> happens in the C code for some (actually, a lot of) things. When I get
> some more free time, I'll ping the list with specific requests in terms
> of where to find certain pieces of functionality.

We'll be here. :)

> I also took the
> liberty of using the Lucy logo in the README.md. Please let me know if I
> wasn't supposed to do that or if anyone objects.

I'm a lot more interested in what you're coding than trademark stuff right
now, but since you asked I am now probably obligated to send you to
<http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/>, where you'll find guidance about
usage of Apache trademarks.

Marvin Humphrey