lucy-user mailing list archives

From Philip Southam <phi...@zefr.com>
Subject [lucy-user] Getting matched query terms for HitDocs
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 04:32:13 GMT
So let's say I have a query like:
	(dog OR cat OR bird) animal

And the text I'm indexing is like this
	A dog is an animal
	Cats and Dogs are animals
	A tree is not an animal

Of course (with stemming) the following two entries should be matched:
	A dog is an animal
	Cats and Dogs are animals

How do I get what query terms/phrases were found so I know that doc_id 1
matched against (dog, animal) and doc_id 2 matched (cat, dog, animal)?
I'm looking for something similar in functionality to what Whoosh[1] and
Xapian[2] offer in this regard.

I tried looking at the highlighter source thinking that has to implement
similar logic, but my knowledge of C is next to nil and I didn't see any
thing like that in the Perl bindings that I could use.

[1]:
http://pythonhosted.org/Whoosh/searching.html#which-terms-from-my-query-matched

[2]:
http://xapian.org/docs/apidoc/html/classXapian_1_1Enquire.html#dda4181ccd15beb52c39f5e24adbb25b