lucy-user mailing list archives

From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Input format to Lucy
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 14:03:44 GMT
On 4/20/13 11:50 PM, Anil Pachuri wrote:
> Finally, I have been able to run Lucy..:). Thanks a lot Peter for your help.

Glad you've got it working. Did you write your own Lucy application or
implement one of the existing ones (swish3 or Dezi)?

> Is there a way in Lucy to generate a tag map/cloud of specific types of
> terms/phrases that might be present in the search results/documents
> returned by Lucy for a particular query? For example, I want to generate
> a tag map showing all gene-names and also cell-tissue nameswith their
> document frequency (from their respective name-lists) that might be
> co-mentioned in the search results/documents returned by Lucy for a
> query gene (e.g. nuclear factor 1)?

That sounds like a variation on facets. You might want to look at

https://metacpan.org/source/KARMAN/Search-OpenSearch-Engine-Lucy-0.16/lib/Search/OpenSearch/Engine/Lucy.pm#L86

for inspiration.

> One other question, how can I change the default size of text excerpt
> reported in the search results?

That depends on how you are generating your search results. If you are
using Dezi and/or Search::OpenSearch::Engine::Lucy, you can alter that
with snipper_config:

https://metacpan.org/module/Search::OpenSearch::Engine#snipper_config

which is passed through to Search::Tools::Snipper:

https://metacpan.org/module/Search::Tools::Snipper

If you are writing your own highlighter code with Lucy directly, then see
https://metacpan.org/module/LOGIE/Lucy-0.3.2/lib/Lucy/Highlight/Highlighter.pod