lucy-user mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Using Lucy directly from C
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 19:58:04 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to assure the Lucy community at large that the core developers take
notice both when people say inflammatory things and take the conversation in
an unproductive direction, and conversely, when people resist the temptation
to respond in kind, shutting down unproductive threads through restraint and
ruthless civility.

To quote Doug Cutting, Lucene founder and current Chair of the ASF Board,

    http://markmail.org/message/vze5xbbtg64ohmhf

    An important technique here is to respond to things you find offensive in
    a polite manner, or not at all.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to our long tradition of courtesy.  If you
want to get anything done around here, that's the way to go.

Marvin Humphrey