lucy-user mailing list archives

From "Zebrowski, Zak" <...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: [lucy-user] facet function
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 16:00:35 GMT
Hi,

I have not run into faucets before.

<snip>
One other question I have is about 'CGI' module that 'sample' code uses. I read somewhere
that 'CGI' module loads everytime separately for each webserver request, which may cause delay
in loading the output webpage if there are multiple requests. Is there a way to make this
module persistent, or any other better way to do this.
</snip>

If you're using the perl implementation, there literally is a whole book on perl performance.
 Google "pratical mod_perl oriley", for a book on that.  There is also a "lite cgi" module...
 While this is a concern if you're website is going to be hit a lot, if you have a smaller
website, or if you are still in dev stages, this really is secondary to your overall question.

Zak