lucy-user mailing list archives

From Anil Pachuri <anilpach...@yahoo.com>
Subject [lucy-user] facet function
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 15:48:43 GMT
Hi,

How do I implement facets in Lucy search server? I have been able to successfully execute
the given code for 'sample' example webserver. I tried to implement a simple facet function
but it takes an unreasonably long time to execute when the list of terms is little long. This
is because I read the list file in each process request/iteration. Keeping the list in the
memory may be an option but I was wondering if facet function is already implemented in Lucy.
Any sample code for facet implementation?

One other question I have is about 'CGI' module that 'sample' code uses. I read somewhere
that 'CGI' module loads everytime separately for each webserver request, which may cause delay
in loading the output webpage if there are multiple requests. Is there a way to make this
module persistent, or any other better way to do this.

Please advise. Sorry for asking too many questions, just trying to learn the preliminaries.
Thanks,

Anil