lucy-user mailing list archives

From Lee <lee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Avoid duplicate docs in hits?
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 18:27:09 GMT

On 15/08/2012 17:41, Peter Karman wrote:
> On 8/15/12 2:49 AM, Lee Goddard wrote:
>> Just started playing with Lucy, but I can't
>> find a way to prevent duplicate hits
>> being returned.
>
> Lucy won't return duplicate hits. But it also won't prevent you from
> inserting duplicate documents, for some value of "duplicate".
>
> A small, reproducable example is best if you are looking for help.
Thanks, Peter.

Turned out I solved the problem by removing the index directory before
re-creating it. I had assumed the 'create' flag would discard any old
index in the same location.

     my $indexer = Lucy::Index::Indexer->new(
         index   => $SSS::XXX::Config::LUCY_IDX_PATH,
         create  => 1,
         schema  => $schema,
     );

Took me four hours to work this out....