lucy-user mailing list archives

From Saurabh Vasekar <svase...@listenlogic.com>
Subject [lucy-user] Basic questions regarding apache org
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 18:06:27 GMT
Hello,
I am using the Lucy library for the first time. I am not able to understand
some things in the library.

1. The sample tutorial given on the lucy.apache.org site stores the indexes
at the path /store/lucy_test. I want to create some indexes on my
documents. Do I have to store the indexes on the same path? If I can store
them at any other path if I can how can I do that?
2. In the tutorial given on lucy.apache.org the language added is only
english (language => 'en'). How can I add multiple languages?
3. While creating an index what does create and truncate mean? (in the
example given it says that - create => 1, truncate => 1) What are the other
options I can specify?
4. The field type specifies different properties and behaviors. e.g.
FullTextType, StringType. Where can I find the information about the other
field types? Also while specifying the field type one can specify a number
of attributes such as stored, indexed etc. Where will I be able to find the
information about these field types?
5. There are different kinds of analyzers. What exactly an analyzer does?
How to choose the best analyzer?
6. What is a highlighter?
7. While searching what does offset and page_size specify?

I have put a lot of questions but I am very confused. I was not able to
find documentation/tutorial for using Lucy nowhere other than
lucy.apache.org. Also if you can let me know some sites where I would be
able to find a descriptive tutorial it would be great.
Thank you.