lucy-user mailing list archives

From Saurabh Vasekar <svase...@listenlogic.com>
Subject [lucy-user] Unable to retrieve records using Proximity query
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 19:05:26 GMT
Hello,

I am using LucyX::Search::ProximityQuery to search through the indexed
documents.

My code looks like below

use strict;
use warnings;

my $path_to_index = '{path_to_index}' #specified correctly

use List::Util qw ( max min );
use POSIX qw ( ceil );
use Encode qw ( decode );

use Lucy::Search::IndexSearcher;

use Lucy::Search::QueryParser;
use Lucy::Search::TermQuery;
use LucyX::Search::ProximityQuery;

binmode STDOUT, ":encoding(UTF-8)";

my $proximity_query = LucyX::Search::ProximityQuery->new(
field => 'content',
terms => [ qw ( jakarta apache ) ],
within => 4,
);

my $offset = "0";

my $page_size = 10000;

my $searcher = Lucy::Search::IndexSearcher->new(
index => $path_to_index,
);

my $qparser = Lucy::Search::QueryParser->new(
schema => $searcher->get_schema,

);

my $hits = $searcher->hits(
query => $proximity_query,
offset => $offset,
num_wanted => $page_size,
);

my $hit_count = $hits->total_hits;

print("Hit Count :$hit_count\n");

#End of code

Although my documents contain contents which have text 'jakarta' and
'apache' I am not getting any results. The interesting thing is that is I
specify the following in my proximity query the search returns appropriate
results.

my $proximity_query = LucyX::Search::ProximityQuery->new(
field => 'content',
terms => [ qw ( in the ) ],
within => 4,
);