lucy-user mailing list archives

From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] How to search through the indexed documents by specifying wildcards in the query string
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 14:00:33 GMT
On 6/13/12 7:17 PM, Saurabh Vasekar wrote:

> It says that I need to use a method set_heed_colons(). But I am not able to
> figure out how many arguments should be provided to the method?
> What exactly does set_heed_colon method do?

The method sets a boolean (on/off) so passing any true value turns it
on, passing any false value should turn it off.

With the value set to true, these 2 query strings are treated the same way:

  field1=foo
  field1:foo

with the value set to false, they are not.

> Also where can I find the wildcard characters supported by Lucy query
> parser? A lot of wildcard characters have been supported by Lucene.
> What do I need to specify in the query string if I need all the documents
> present. (e.g. * wildcard character or something like that)

Lucy core does not support wildcards. This extension does:

  http://search.cpan.org/dist/LucyX-Search-WildcardQuery/