lucy-user mailing list archives

From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] How to add more languages in an analyzer and change path to store indexed documents
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 19:55:26 GMT
Saurabh Vasekar wrote on 6/13/12 2:29 PM:
> Hello,
>
> I am a beginner to Lucy. This is the first time I am using a Search
> library. I went through the tutorial at lucy.apache.org. I am confused over
> the following things mentioned in the tutorial.
>
> The tutorial mentions that we can specify the language in which the
> documents are. Hence while indexing how can I specify multiple languages in
> the analyzers if my documents are in different languages.
>
> my $polyanalyzer = Lucy::Analysis::PolyAnalyzer->new(
>        language => 'en',
>        )

note that you likely don't want to specify multiple languages for a single
index, because the stemming (for example) rules applied will be
confused/confusing. I.e., Lucy doesn't do language *detection* -- it just
performs language-specific analysis based on the kind of documents you hand to
the analyzer.