lucy-user mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Nutch Index compatibility with Lucy?
Date Sun, 06 May 2012 19:32:55 GMT
On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 11:54 PM, jerry@indolo.com <jerry@indolo.com> wrote:
> I wanted to find out if Nutch indexes will work with Lucy since they are
> both extended from the Lucene project.

They are not compatible, and there are no plans to establish such
compatibility.

> From what I can see, Lucy does not include the crawling/fetching features of
> Nutch, but my new site is using all Perl with Catalyst MVC. I want to move
> away from maintaining a web server and a Java servlet container.

It's a common and worthwhile motivation.  The company I work for is mainly a
Perl shop, and switched from Lucene to Lucy.  Having the search library API in
the main language of our devs and codebase allowed for faster iteration during
development, more seamless and deeper integration, and more nimble deployment
and troubleshooting.

Marvin Humphrey