lucy-user mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] [ANNOUNCE] Apache Lucy (incubating) 0.3.0 released
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 02:50:54 GMT
On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 10:01:01AM +0200, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> I have cloned the SVN trunk and tried to re-build again with MinGW and VS6.

Great, thank you!

> With MinGW it installed fine but after perl Build distclean it gave the following result:
>
> Not in MANIFEST: buildlib/Lucy/Build/Binding/Analysis.pm
> Not in MANIFEST: buildlib/Lucy/Build/Binding/Docs.pm
> Not in MANIFEST: buildlib/Lucy/Build/Binding/Document.pm
> Not in MANIFEST: buildlib/Lucy/Build/Binding/Highlight.pm
> Not in MANIFEST: buildlib/Lucy/Build/Binding/Index.pm
> Not in MANIFEST: buildlib/Lucy/Build/Binding/Index/Posting.pm
> Not in MANIFEST: buildlib/Lucy/Build/Binding/Lucy.pm
> Not in MANIFEST: buildlib/Lucy/Build/Binding/Object.pm
> Not in MANIFEST: buildlib/Lucy/Build/Binding/Plan.pm
> Not in MANIFEST: buildlib/Lucy/Build/Binding/Search.pm
> Not in MANIFEST: buildlib/Lucy/Build/Binding/Search/Collector.pm
> Not in MANIFEST: buildlib/Lucy/Build/Binding/Store.pm
> Not in MANIFEST: buildlib/Lucy/Build/Binding/Test/Util.pm
> Not in MANIFEST: buildlib/Lucy/Build/Binding/Util.pm
> Not in MANIFEST: buildlib/LucyX/Build/Binding/Search.pm
> MANIFEST appears to be out of sync with the distribution

OK, those are just warnings because we forgot to update trunk/perl/MANIFEST
when those files were added recently.  We'll take care of it.

> And with VS6:

> CFCBase.c
> Generating script '..\src\CFCBindAliases.ccs'
> cl -nologo -c @"..\src\CFCBindAliases.ccs" -Fo"..\src\CFCBindAliases.obj" "..\src\CFCBindAliases.c"
> CFCBindAliases.c
> ..\src\CFCBindAliases.c(129) : error C2374: 'i' : redefinition; multiple initialization
>         ..\src\CFCBindAliases.c(120) : see declaration of 'i'
> error building dll file from '..\src/CFCBindAliases.c' at E:/usr/site/lib/ExtUtils/CBuilder/Platform/Windows.pm
line 130, <DATA> line 1.

OK, the nature of the problem is now clear.  Our dialect of C is the
intersection of C99 and C++; when compiling with MSVC, we must compile in C++
mode, which requires adding a "/TP" compiler flag.  The code to add this flag
is in clownfish/perl/buildlib/Clownfish/CFC/Build.pm; for whatever reason,
the flag is not making it into the actual compiler command.

Either the code which inserts the flag is faulty, or there is a bug somewhere
in the chain of Module::Build/ExtUtils::CBuilder.  I'll look into it.

> HTH, although I've seen that this version from SVN seems to be the same
> version I had previously built (our $VERSION = '0.003000';)

We haven't gotten into the habit of updating the version number in the
mainline.  I can see how that might be misleading, but it's harmless.

Marvin Humphrey