lucy-user mailing list archives

From Nick Wellnhofer <wellnho...@aevum.de>
Subject [lucy-user] Custom analyzers
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 18:45:36 GMT

I'm trying to write my own analyzer class that strips accents and does
some other transformations. I had a look at Father Chrysostomos'
KSx::Analysis::StripAccents and tried to get something similar to run
with Lucy 0.2.2. With the following two changes I could make it work:

- The 'transform' method can't reuse the inversion argument but must
return a new inversion.

- The analyzer needs an 'equals' method if you want to load your schema
from an index.

Are there any other caveats? Is there any documentation on how to write
your own analyzer classes?

If anyone is interested in a LucyX::Analysis::StripAccents module, I
could put something up on CPAN.

Nick