lucy-user mailing list archives

From goran kent <gorank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Identifying relevant field in $hits
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 06:13:04 GMT
On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 5:26 AM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
>> If so, feature request:  my @field_hit = $hits->relevant_field() would
>> be really nice ;)

> Peter has provided one vision, in SWISH::Prog::Lucy::Results.  I confess that
> I don't quite understand what you've shown us above.  Can you provide some
> context illustrating how it would be used?

Sorry, is that last Q directed at me, or Peter?  If me, then
@field_hit would contain my list of 'field' names in which the search
terms were found, allowing me to do my thang.

> I assume that you have stripped all HTML tags from your data.  (They would
> likely mess up scoring if left in).  Thus seeing if a highlighted exerpt
> contains a "<strong>" tag suffices to indicate that a field indeed matched.

Yes, it's clean text.

Is it safe to change the schema so that my 'inbound_text' field is
highlightable (currently OFF)? - ie, there will be a mixture of the
'inbound_text' field in various indexes (which will end up being
merged to large searchable indexes) with/without highlightable being
ON.