lucy-user mailing list archives

From goran kent <gorank...@gmail.com>
Subject [lucy-user] Identifying relevant field in $hits
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 14:06:08 GMT
Hi,

I've scrounged around a bit, and I take it
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-lucy-dev/201109.mbox/%3C4E6C3489.6090005@peknet.com%3E
is the only way to identify which field triggered a $hit, right?

ie (roughly), flag all fields as highlightable, then if the
Lucy::Highlight::Highlighter actually highlights something in a field,
then that's your indication that something was found in it?

If so, feature request:  my @field_hit = $hits->relevant_field() would
be really nice ;)

My minor problem is:  I have inbound link text pointing to a page
which is indexed along with the page content itself.  Since it's never
displayed, you might have a hit on this 'hidden' text (but highly
relevant in my case) and no other hits, so the excerpt is void of any
highlighting (I can just hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth from
my future users).  It would be nice to be able to flag this kind of
search result as "Found your term in inbound text" or whatever).

Cheers