lucy-user mailing list archives

From "Octavian Rasnita" <orasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] [ANNOUNCE] Apache Lucy (incubating) 0.2.0 released
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 21:54:57 GMT
Hi Marvin,

From: "Marvin Humphrey" <marvin@rectangular.com>

> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 07:53:45PM -0700, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:58:29PM +0300, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
>> > I have tried to build it under Windows XP, using Perl 5.10.1 and Visual
>> > Studio 6 but it gave the error below on `perl build` phase.
>
> ---->8 snip 8<----
>
>> Charmonizer doesn't think this system provides large file support, because it
>> hasn't found a combination of commands that make the function S_probe_off64()
>> in charmonizer/src/Charmonizer/Probe/LargeFiles.c pass.
>>
>> This combination generally works for MSVC:
>>
>>     { "", "fopen", "_ftelli64", "_fseeki64", "__int64" },
>>
>> However, some web research indicates that _ftelli64 and _fseeki64 were
>> introduced later and are not in VS6.  For large file support under VS6, you
>> need to use _lseeki64, which operates on file descriptors rather than C89
>> FILE* streams.
>>
>>     http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa298446%28v=vs.60%29.aspx
>>
>> This approach is actually feasible for Lucy, since we switched from FILE* to
>> file descriptors a long time ago.  It will just take some rejiggering of
>> LargeFiles.c so that we don't depend on there being some form of fseek/ftell
>> when defining off64_t.
>
> The large-files probing fix now been implemented on trunk:
>
>    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-178
>
>    Discriminate between stdio and POSIX in large file support probing.
>
> Octavian, if you have the chance to try svn trunk with Visual Studio 6, that
> would be helpful.
>
>    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucy/trunk/
>
> Marvin Humphrey

I have tried to compile the trunk version with VC6, but it gave the following error on the
perl Build phase:

Generating script 'src\CFCBindAliases.ccs'
cl -nologo -c @"src\CFCBindAliases.ccs" -Fo"src\CFCBindAliases.obj" "src\CFCBindAliases.c"
CFCBindAliases.c
src\CFCBindAliases.c(129) : error C2374: 'i' : redefinition; multiple initialization
src\CFCBindAliases.c(120) : see declaration of 'i'
error building dll file from 'src/CFCBindAliases.c' at E:/usr/site/lib/ExtUtils/CBuilder/Platform/Windows.pm
line 130, <DATA> l
Finished building Clownfish compiler.
Parsing Clownfish files...
Can't locate Clownfish/Hierarchy.pm in @INC (@INC contains: clownfish/blib/lib clownfish/blib/arch
../clownfish/blib/lib ../clo
ownfish\blib\arch ..\clownfish\blib\lib ..\clownfish\blib\arch buildlib clownfish/blib/lib
clownfish/blib/arch ../clownfish/bli
E:/usr/site/lib E:/usr/lib .) at buildlib/Lucy/Build.pm line 214.
E:\lucy\trunk\perl>

Octavian