lucy-user mailing list archives

From "Octavian Rasnita" <orasn...@gmail.com>
Subject [lucy-user] Stable version?
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2011 18:43:18 GMT
Hi all,

I am researching for finding the best Perl module I can use to create a search engine, and
for the moment I stopped at KinoSearch which looks nice (and in adition I was able to install
it under Windows very easy using ppm). But I read that that project moved to Apache Lucy.

So I thought that the best idea would be to also start with Lucy and not KinoSearch. On Lucy
POD doc I read that for the moment it is unstable, but that there will be a Lucy1 stable fork
which for the moment doesn't exist (and there is no PPM package for it yet and it gives errors
when trying to install it under Windows using cpan).

What do you recommend? Go ahead with KinoSearch or better fight some more to use Lucy (because
KinoSearch have some unsolved issues, or because it will be discontinued, or for other reasons).

Thanks.

Octavian

PS. I will use the module under Linux, but Windows is the development platform.