lucy-user mailing list archives

From Jens Wille <jens.wi...@uni-koeln.de>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Question about query parsing API
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 13:41:24 GMT
hi andrew!

i can't comment on lucy in particular as i just started following
its development only recently. but...

Andrew S. Townley [2011-02-25 13:41]:
> If so, is there a way to traverse the query parse tree (or get a
> callback notification when it matches terms)?  What I need to be
> able to do is take an arbitrary fulltext search query and then
> determine whether any search fields have been requested
> explicitly.  I suppose a more ideal solution would be to have a
> #target_fields method or something on the query object, but that
> would just be convenience.
i understand that problem has been solved in the meantime
(Ferret::Search::Query#terms, basically)? ;-)

> Also, I mentioned SWIG in passing the other day in a previous
> message.  Would it not be possible to just generate the bindings
> for Ruby with SWIG?
re SWIG, there was a clarifying statement by marvin humphrey on
lucy-dev recently:

<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-lucy-dev/201102.mbox/%3C20110221215214.GA27653@rectangular.com%3E>

cheers
jens

--
Jens Wille, Dipl.-Bibl. (FH)
prometheus - Das verteilte digitale Bildarchiv für Forschung & Lehre