lucy-dev mailing list archives

From bhardwajrajesh1973@gmail.com <bhardwajrajesh1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Custom Backend for Index : Equivalent of DirectoryFactory.java (Lucene)
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2018 13:51:21 GMT

On 2018/03/15 13:11:16, Nick Wellnhofer <wellnhofer@aevum.de> wrote:
> On 15/03/2018 00:14, bhardwajrajesh1973@gmail.com wrote:
> > I want to save the index files in rocksdb. Idea is to use another opensource project
- https://github.com/pinterest/rocksplicator (or other WAL reading mechanism) by which I can
replicate the index data to slave systems.

> I'm not sure whether such an approach makes sense. Lucy is basically a
> specialized database itself, so your question is similar to asking how you
> could replicate a MySQL database using a key-value store.
>
> > What will be equivalnet of DirectoryFactory.java in Apache lucy.  I see
> > I see FSDirHanlde.c and its corresponding files (FSFileHandle.c,FSFolder,FileHandle.c,Folder.c)
> > and RamDirHandle.c and its corresponding files.
> >
> > Can some one please provides pointers if my approch is correct . Will it cause issues
in merging process.

> You can implement your own storage backend by subclassing Folder, FileHandle
> and DirHandle. Lucy adheres to a write-once philosophy, so theoretically, it
> should be possible to use a key-value DB as backend. But it's probably a lot
> easier to move the index files to slave machines in more direct way.
>
> Also, what's your motivation for replicating Lucy indices? Availability?
> Performance? Maybe there's a simpler overall approach.
>
> Nick

Hello ,
Thanks for the reply. its more about availability.
I went through this link -
http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2017/09/lucenes-near-real-time-segment-index.html
I was thinking of implementing ; can you suggest what will be best method of implementing
above methodlogy
regards