lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Wellnhofer <wellnho...@aevum.de>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Dumb (?) Lucy build question
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2018 16:10:07 GMT
On 17/02/2018 02:06, keith20mm wrote:
> I get the shell reply "Badly placed ()'s."
>
> My shell is csh, so I tried to replace sh in the setup_clownfish_env.sh with
> csh, but made no difference, so I put that back to sh.

setup_clownfish_env.sh is a POSIX shell script and doesn't work under csh.

> What should I try to complete the build?

setup_clownfish_env.sh is a developer tool which allows to build Lucy from an
uninstalled Clownfish source tree. As a normal user, you should install the
Clownfish compiler and runtime before building Lucy:

     cd clownfish/compiler/perl
     perl Build.PL
     ./Build test
     ./Build install