lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Kurz <n...@verse.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] @INC complexities now that Clownfish runtime is separate
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 19:03:12 GMT
It's not directly applicable to Perl libraries, but since we'll
probably be dealing with the issue in the future for other languages,
I thought I should mention RPATH $ORIGIN in case you are not familiar:
http://www.technovelty.org/linux/exploring-origin.html

It's a slick way of handling dependencies between compiled plugins.  I
recently used it in combination with 'patchelf'
(http://nixos.org/patchelf.html) to solve a dependency issue.  I'd
vaguely known it existed, but hadn't realized that it can be set for
libraries as well as for executables.

--nate