lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] Break up repository
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 02:53:15 GMT
Greets,

Now that Charmonizer, Clownfish, and Lucy are separated, I propose we break
up the code base across three different repositories.

    git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/lucy.git         # <--- current
    git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/clownfish.git    # <--- new
    git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/charmonizer.git  # <--- new

Breaking out Charmonizer is particularly easy because we capture its output to
a file and cache the result in version control.  People contributing to Lucy
and Clownfish won't need to deal with Charmonizer unless they need to address
what it's doing specificially.

Lucy's build will get a lot simpler if we make Clownfish an ordinary
prerequisite. :)

Theoretically we could filter history for the new Charmonizer and Clownfish
repositories, but I think things have moved around so much that the potential
for data loss is too great.  I suggest that we just clone the existing
lucy.git repo and then edit down.

Marvin Humphrey